Metal-band «Orchestre De Trenos»
musical album «Critique of Musical Reason»
«Orchestre De Trenos» – Ukrainian musical project created by composer & philosopher Ph.D. Andrey Komisarenko (ex-Mournful Gust (Ukr)) and by guitarist Alexander Glavniy (Autumnia, Solo work) in early January 2010.
The debut musical album «Critique of Musical Reason» had been created for more than a year. The work on the material began on January 18, 2010 at «Autumnia Studio».
Larysa Horychenko was invited to perform the cello part in the project.
Elena Alfyorova took the piano part.
In November 2011 to record flute parts, Julia Karch was invited.
On April 15, 2012 the recording of the album was completed.
The album contains 11 tracks of complex and diverse music.
The mixing, sound processing and sound engineering of the project were made by Alexander Glavniy.
The album has conceptual structure in which various genres and styles of music are connected. In the project, there are some innovative ideas of non-standard interpretation of metal.
The main style in the album is symphonic-metal. But the tracks also include elements of classical, dodecaphony, polyphony, and symphonic-metal too. It allowed to make the album dynamic, sated, contrast, and unpredictable.
The conception of the album is «philosophic-instrumental-metal». Philosophical doctrine of German philosopher Immanuel Kant is reflected in the title of the album and in the titles of the tracks. The album is a tribute to the great German philosopher.
The album represents the complete musical blockbuster in which there is a dramatic line, the concept, Intro, Outro, the solo parts, tutti of all the instruments, development and the climaxes.
The shortest track lasts 31 second, the longest track is 17 minutes 31 sec.
«Orchestre De Trenos» Metal-Band:
Electric Guitar & Bass – Alexander Glavniy
Classical Acoustic Guitar – Andrii Komisarenko
Cello – Larysa Horychenko.
Flute – Julia Karch.
Piano – Elena Alfyorova
The country: Ukraine.
City: Krivoy Rog.
PS. Interesting facts about music «Orchestre De Trenos»
(Album «Critique of Musical Reason» 2013)
1) Symphonic «Epigraph» (Intro and Outro) - is a music code for the album «Critique of Musical Reason». This is a «melodic seed» from which «grows» the whole musical material. If you listen closely to all the music work, you can hear as a «seed» is developed, transformed, acquires a different interpretation and interpretation.
2) The guitar plays «Praeambulum» and «Old Saga» has a flute part there! But the author and composer Andrew Komisarenko decided to put this guitar plays in the concept of the album is like guitar work, without the flute.
3) In «Symphony # 1 LIBERTAS (e-moll)» were used chord construction and melodic passages that have been repeatedly found in the music of Bach, Beethoven, Wagner, Vivaldi, Mozart. In general, this work is the so-called «musical collage», which mixed and joined various periods, styles, genres from Baroque to Romanticism. Along with classical structures, there are also tunes of folk music.
4) The «Prelude a-moll (Organ)» written in the mystical spirit of the Middle Ages by all the requirements of strict canonical polyphony. «Fugue a-moll (Organ)» - is a tribute to the Baroque period, it maintained the classical form of Bach's polyphony.
5) The «Prelude & fugue a-moll (Organ)» actually been performed in the «Dnepropetrovsk House of Organ and Chamber Music» by organist Natalia Letyukthe (winner of international competitions) in 2009. In addition to them, was performed and «Adagio h-moll», which should be included in a future new album of «Orchestre De Trenos».
6) The «Prelude a-moll (Organ)» is based on the scandalous and folk themes «do-re-mi-do-re-do», which in the language of russian musicians means «Fuck you». The only difference is that here the theme is in a-minor, the other transcription and on minor third below as: «la-si-do-la-si-la».
7) The «Symphony # 2 IMMORTALITAS (a-moll)» - one of the major work of Andrew Komisarenko which is dedicated to the memory of his father, who passed away suddenly on December 29, 2005. According to the author, this is a tragic musical work embodies the walking of the human soul after death. The shape and structure of this composition by borrowed from «The Divine Comedy» by Dante Alighieri.
8) The «Symphony # 3 DEUS (g-moll)» in the culmination of the entire piece 10 minutes. 10sec. - 11 min. 14 sec., the whole musical instruments are improvises on the four sounds: B-flat (B), La (A), Do (C), B (H). This combination of notes is a musical transcription of name BACH and the so-called «symbol of the cross». Bach himself has repeatedly used these tones in many of his works. Even in the design of the album «Critique of Musical Reason» this musical notation has been applied as sacred tones. This is a tribute for the great German composer, whose work was the basis for the emergence of many modern musical genres and styles.
9) Well known in the history of art musical symbol «Bach`s cross», which was put to the album cover «Critique of Musical Reason», was created in Paint by Andrey Komisarenko. Artist-designer only did the background and put color effects.
10) The name of the dissertation topic Andrei Komisarenko «Metaphysical reflection of music in the historical and philosophical discourse» is situated on the cover of the album. The thesis for the Ph.D. degree was successfully defended in December 2010, just in time of recording the album.
11) You can hear a faint clatter of valves and breathing flutist Julia Karch, when you listen to the sounds the flute on album.
12) Etude for Guitar «Sounds of Silence» was composed by Andrew Komisarenko during his teaching lessons on guitar. Seeing how the pupils are can not obtained some guitar techniques of execution, he developed exercises for the development of technical skills. Then, these exercises have developed in logical form and the finished composition, and this etude was born.
13) In the album used four types of polyphony: polyphonic strictly style, free polyphonic style, imitative polyphony and hidden polyphony.
14) The portrait of the German philosopher Immanuel Kant, to whom the album «Critique of Musical Reason»is dedicated, for registration of the inside of the booklet was taken from the six - volumes edition of the Immanuel Kant`s works, published in 1964 year.
15) Larisa Gorichenko`s Cello was made at the end of the XVIII century. This is old instrument, and it is more than 200 years!